What is Project Recovery?
Project Recovery is an outreach program working with individuals, families, and communities impacted by COVID-19 throughout the state of Wisconsin.
Trained outreach workers provide community-based support and education to help farmers, farmworkers, and their communities cope during this stressful time.
If you or a loved one are emotionally impacted by COVID-19, you may be experiencing:
• Anxiety or fretfulness
• Anger, resentment, and conflicts with loved ones
• Uncertainty about the future
• Prolonged mourning
• Increased reliance on alcohol or drugs
• Diminished problem-solving
• Isolation and hopelessness
• Health problems
• Physical and mental exhaustion
• Lifestyle changes
• Financial stress
For those experiencing emotional distress, Project Recovery can offer:
• Compassionate & non-judgmental emotional support
• Organizing and task prioritization
• Information & resource referral
• Problem solving
• Coping skills
• Better understanding of your current situation and reactions
• Stress management
• Development of plans to address unmet needs
Ways to Support Yourself During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
UNDERSTAND THE RISK
• Consider the real risk of harm to yourself and others around you.
• Stay up-to-date on what is happening with local community spread, while limiting your media exposure.
• Look for credible sources for information.
• Ask questions—clear communication with a health care provider may help reduce distress associated with social distancing, quarantine, or isolation.
CONNECT WITH OTHERS
• Reaching out to those you trust is one of the best ways to reduce anxiety, depression, loneliness,.
USE PRACTICAL WAYS TO COPE & RELAX
• Relax your body. Take deep breaths, stretch, pray, meditate, or engage in enjoyable activities.
• Pace yourself—do something fun after a hard task.
• Maintain a sense of hope & positive thinking. Write down things you are grateful for or that are going well.
Outreach workers are available to provide free, anonymous emotional support and connection to resources.
Phone: 1-833-FARM-HELP, (833) 327-6435, (toll free)
Project Recovery is a service made possible through partnerships between FEMA, Wisconsin Department of health Services, WISCAP and SWCAP.