Wandering Wednesdays is a series of day trips for youth in 3rd – 6th grade. Each trip is packed full of fun, learning, and experiencing nature. You can choose to attend one, several, or all of the Wandering Wednesday trips!
Bus transportation is available.* – Reserve your spot today!
June 9, 2021: Wandering to Monroe County: Float down the Kickapoo
- Starting just outside of Ontario, Wisconsin’s Canoe capital, we’ll canoe to Wildcat Mountain State Park. At the park, we will have survival education, games, and a hike on the Hemlock Trail.
June 16, 2021: Wandering to Vernon County: Explore Norskedalen
- Norskedalen, which means Norwegian Valley, is a nature and heritage center nestled in the Coulee Region. Join us as we explore the Bekkum Homestead (constructed in the late 1800’s), learn about stream life biology, and hike in the Coulee Region.
June 23, 2021: Wandering to La Crosse County: Be a Lumberjack
- Take the Lumberjack challenge! Let’s log roll, go fishing, and play outdoor games at Chad Erickson Park!
June 30, 2021: Wandering to Crawford County: Go back in time at the Fort
- Join us at Fort Crawford, Prairie du Chien’s historic site, an outpost of the United States Army during the 19th century. The army’s occupation of Prairie du Chien spanned the existence of two fortifications, from 1816 to 1832, and from 1832 to 1856. Participants will take in museums tours (including frontier medicine and military history) and participate in activities relating to the time period including learning about muskets, sleeping like a soldier, and survival skills.
July 7, 2021: Wandering to Richland County: Let’s go Spelunking!
- We will explore the fascinating underground world through a guided tour of Eagle Cave – Wisconsin’s largest onyx cave. We will also hunt for treasure on the Golden Nugget Trail. It will be a day packed full of learning and adventure!
** Reserve your spot on the bus today! There are a limited number of seats available.
Your space will not be reserved until payment is received at the Extension Office.
Make checks payable to: Richland County 4-H Leaders Association
Mail or drop off your registration form and payment to:
Richland County Extension Office, 1000 US Hwy 14 W, Richland Center, WI 53581
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Extension Office at 608-647-6148 or Karleen Craddock at firstname.lastname@example.org
Richland County 4-H Cloverbud Day Camp
Join the Richland County 4-H Junior Leaders for an adventure worthy of the High Seas! Set sail on an adventure to becoming a Pirate! And bring a friend or your 1st Mate! There will be games, crafts, snacks, and much more!
ARRR! Are ye ready to walk the plank Matey?
When: Monday, June 28
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
Where: Richland County Fairgrounds
Cost: $10 per camper
Please fill out registration form and send with payment to:
Extension Richland County
1000 US Highway 14 West
Richland Center, WI 53581
2021 Outpost 4-H Camp
Monroe County 4-H will host a fun-filled outdoor camp!
For Youth in 6-8th Grade from Crawford, La Crosse, Monroe, Richland and Vernon Counties.
Registration is due July 16, 2021.
Registration Link: https://go.wisc.edu/9detn2
WILDCAT MOUNTAIN STATE PARK
Tues., August 17 @ 9 a.m.
Wed., August 18 @ 3 p.m.
4-H Members $25 per camper
Youth (Not in 4-H) $50 per camper
Activities will include: canoeing on the Kickapoo River from Ontario to Wildcat, fire building & safety, hiking, survival skills, tent camping, and
Upham Woods Neighborhood Camp
Choose your date you would like to go camping! (Each camp day will include all of the activities listed below.)
June 26 – register by June 15
July 10 – register by June 29
Open to Youth 3rd grade & up! Also open to Families (including adult with kids 3rd grade & up.)
Activities will include: canoe & hike Blackhawk Island; archery; scoots, scales, & skins
8:45 a.m. – registration
5:00 p.m. pack up & head home
Cost: $25 per person. Payment should be made to: Richland County 4-H Leaders Association
Send payment to: Extension Richland County, 1000 US Highway 14 W, Richland Center, WI 53581
There is limited space so register early! 50 participants allowed per date.