Adam Hady – Agriculture Agent
What is Extension Agriculture Programming?
This is an educational program within Division of Extension. Agriculture programming is the application of scientific research and new knowledge to agricultural practices through farmer and land owner education.
What does Extension Agriculture Teach?
- Dairy Modernization
- Livestock Husbandry
- Animal Nutrition
- Quality Assurance Programs
- Pasture Management & Grazing
- Farm Budgeting and Planning
- Agricultural Lease Agreements
- Soils & Crop Management
- Rural Lifestyle & Small Farms
- Swine Team
Where does Agriculture education occur in Richland County?
- On Farms
- Field Days
- Extension Office
For more information about Agriculture, contact Adam Hady at the Extension Richland County office or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Karleen Craddock – 4-H Program Coordinator
What is 4-H Youth Development Programming?
Division of Extension 4-H Youth Development integrates research, education, and community-based partnerships, enabling youth to learn and practice skills to be productive citizens. 4-H youth development gives young people the opportunity to learn new skills, explore various projects, gain self-confidence and contribute to their communities.
What types of education does 4-H Youth Development Provide?
- 4-H Community Club Programs
- Project Exploration (e.g. photography, cake decorating, robotics, leather-craft, knitting, etc.)
- 4-H After-school Programming
- Bullying and School Violence Prevention Programs
- Volunteer Orientation/Youth Protection
- Online Youth Risk Behavior Survey (OYRBS)
Where does 4-H Youth Development education occur in Richland County?
- Local Community 4-H Clubs
- Community Groups
- Community Partners
- Extension Office
For more information about 4-H Youth Development, contact the Extension Richland County Office or by email: email@example.com
Chelsea Wunnicke – Human Development & Relationships Educator
What are Human Development & Relationships Programs?
Human Development & Relationships Programs seek to support and strengthen individuals, families and communities through educational programs and local partnerships using best practices and research drawn from the University of Wisconsin.
What types of education does Human Development & Relationships Programs provide?
Family Financial Management:
- Information on setting up a spending plan, tracking spending, understanding credit reports and credit scores, and household record keeping.
- Individual financial counseling and coaching, presentations, and programs on general financial management concepts.
- Affordable housing and homelessness prevention.
Food Preservation and Safety:
- Workshops and information on home canning and pressure canner gauge testing.
- Master Food Preserver Volunteer program.
Health, Human, & Child Development:
- Partnership with Richland FIT.
- Educational programs and outreach, including affordable healthcare and Home & Community Education (HCE) Association.
- Parenting, childcare, and family/youth support education.
For more information about Human Development & Relationships Programs, contact Chelsea Wunnicke at the Extension Richland County Office or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sonya Lenzendorf – FoodWIse Coordinator
What is the FoodWIse?
FoodWIse is an educational program within Division of Extension Health & Wellbeing. It is for food stamp (FoodShare) eligible families and individuals. The program’s goal is to increase the likelihood of making healthy food choices and choosing active lifestyles consistent with the most recent advice in the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
What does FoodWIse teach?
The nutrition education program helps parents, senior adults, and children :
- choose and prepare affordable, healthy foods
- use food dollars wisely through meal planning and thrifty food shopping practices
- keep food safe to eat
- balance food and increase physical activity
Where does nutrition education occur in Richland County?
- Elementary schools
- Head Start
- Senior housing
- Public Health Department
- Food pantries
- Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program
For more information about FoodWIse, contact the Extension Richland County Office or by email: email@example.com.
Sandy Campbell – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennie Silver – email@example.com