Registration: 1:30 p.m.
Program: 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Location: Darrel Clark ‘s Farm
S830 Drake Road, Viola, WI 54664
The Field day location is right off of HWY 14 on the Vernon/Richland county line.
Presenters and Topics will be:
Dr. Rodrigo Werle, UW Weed Scientist
- Recap of 2018 Weed Mgt Season
- Systems Approach to Weed Mgt.
- Waterhemp Update
- Dicamba Update
Dr. Brian Luck, UW Bio-Systems Engineer
- Getting Started with Precision Ag
- UAV (drone) demonstrations with different sensing cameras
Bryan Jensen, UW IPM Program Mgr
- Armyworms and Insect Mgt with increased residue
- Japanese Beetles; when to get nervous
- Corn Rootworm Update
Bring a lawn chair!
Bring samples of crop problems from your farm for ID and management considerations
Please pre-register with the Vernon County Extension Office,
608-637-5276 by Friday, Aug 10th
so we can get an accurate count for handouts and snack.
Area Sponsors for the Crop Management Field Day are:
Timberwood Bank Premier Insurance Solutions
Partnership Bank Crop Ag Insurance Services
UW Extension Offices in Buffalo, Chippewa, La Crosse, Monroe, Richland and Vernon Counties